With so many food choices available today, it is important for parents to instill good eating habits at a young age. Learning the right foods to eat while younger can promote a lifetime of healthy living choices. The good news is that there are many fun ways to teach your kids about the importance of fruits, vegetables and healthy eating.
Simple methods to teach about Vegetables:
- Flashcards- You can ask children to bring the real vegetable from kitchen by showing the flashcard
- Sorting- Mix few vegetables and ask them to sort it.
- Pretend Play - Healthy eating vs Junk eating.
- Making a Scrap book - Ask you child to cut and paste vegetables from magazine.
- Grow vegetables - You can grow few vegetables at home.
- Last but not the least letting them cut/cook the vegetables.
When children get the touch & feel, smell and taste the experience gives them more joy! In this section I have uploaded a small worksheet which has the vegetable name in English and Tamil.