The sixth letter of Tamil Uyir ezhuththu is a Nedil ezhuththu. We get a long sound when we pronounce this letter.
A simple Fine motor come learning activity for the letter ஊ is here!
Color paper/ Newspaper, Glue
Write letter ஊ with the corresponding word or download from our Free printable menu. We wrote ஊ ஊதல். Draw ஊதல் and ask the child to tear the color paper (Tearing is a excellent FM activity), also you can ask them to pick each piece and stick on ஊதல் picture. You can also use old newspaper for sticking if you don't have color paper or simply color it.
Few activities you can do for the letter ஊ:
- Trace the letter with index finger.
- Ask the child to keep the pulses above the letter.
- Roll the playdough and keep on the letter.
- Draw ஊதல் (Whistle) and ask the child to color.
- Give the worksheet and ask the child to write the letter and color the picture.
- You can take the child to park or make them play on swing ( ஊ -ஊஞ்சல்).
Few worksheets you can use to teach the letter ஊ: